How to Rip DVD on Lion with MacTheRipper Lion Alternative?
MTR (Mac The Ripper or MacTheRipper) is a remarkable free DVD ripper for Mac users to decode DVD and output an exact copy of the DVD to your hard drive, removing region code and CSS encryption. But this free Mac DVD ripper is now a goner with Lion! This happened because MacTheRipper requires Rosetta to work while Lion dropped Rosetta PowerPC support.
Since there is no free version of Mac The Ripper on Lion at present, you have to turn to the paid version of Mac The Ripper Lion or other DVD Ripper Mac Lion that fully compatible with Mountain Lion. Here a reliable DVD Converter for Mac is recommended to rip unprotected and encrypted DVDs on Lion. It enables you to do exactly or even better than what MacTheRipper can do:
1. Support much larger output formats like AVI, MP4, SWF, FLV, WMV, MOV, MKV, MPG, etc.
2. Extract audio from DVD movie to MP3, AAC, AC3, AIFF, M4A, WAV, WMA, etc.
3. Convert DVD Video to popular media portable players like iPad, iPhone, PSP, Zune, iRiver, etc.
4. Personalize DVD movies with editing functions like trimming, cropping, adjusting video effects, etc. on Lion.
Say, benefits never end though, just download and install this MacTheRipper Lion alternative now, then follow this guide to rip your DVD movies on Lion in a few clicks.
Step 1: Import DVD discs for ripping
After running it, press "Load DVD" button. Select DVD disc in the pop-up window to import DVD for ripping. You could view the added DVD content and select titles or chapters you want. Just click "OK" to continue.
Step 2: Choose output format and output folder
Select output format under the menu of Profile. You can either choose common video/audio format or choose the device as you like.
Step 3: Convert DVD to Mac OS X
Simply hit "Convert" button to start conversion and the progress bar will show you how much has been converted. When the conversion is done, you can find converted files in the output folder.
1. If you want to edit the DVD movies before ripping, you can click "Edit" to open the "Video Edit" window and edit the videos with the built-in free video editor.
2. You could also play DVD on Mac Lion with DVD Converter for Mac and DVD Maker for Mac to play any DVD on Mac and create any videos to DVD.
Just enjoy the movies anywhere and anytime you like!